I have decided to put on Facebook and on here a yoga practice of the day. These are accessible to all (with modifications) and should only take around 5 minutes.
- make sure you have an empty stomach
- stop if anything feels uncomfortable and especially if you experience pain.
- Don’t go beyond your comfort zone.
- Wear loose clothing (or none at all!)
Today’s practice – Just Breathe
- Sit in a comfortable position (chair or floor)
- Sit tall but not stiff. Shoulders relaxed, hands in lap, chin relaxed, muscles of face relaxed
- Take a breath in and breathe out through the mouth
- Start to breathe in and out through the nose
- Observe the breath. If the mind wanders, gently bring it back. You can also count the breath – 1 for in, 2 for out (continue 1,2 don’t count higher) or repeat a mantra or positive phrase such as ‘I am’
- Don’t hold the breath or try to make it longer than it is. Just go with it.
- continue for up to 20 breaths. When finished, let the breath return to normal. stretch. Get up slowly.
- Observe precautions above